1222 Commonwealth Avenue, Allston MA 02134
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.greatscottboston.com
Bar Manager: Tim Philbin / 617.566.9014
Great Scott is located at 1222 Commonwealth Avenue, Allston MA 02134
We are at a major intersection, with Harvard Avenue.
Great Scott hosts a wide range of live music and DJ events. We pride ourselves on diversity and are open to hosting events for all creative artists, musicians, or promoters who are willing to work hard. In the past, Great Scott was known more for its Sunday Ska nights, and rock / cover bands, as well as the always classic “Ladies 80s”.
Starting in early 2004, Great Scott began to gradually switch formats to host more indie, underground, and live rock shows for a wide range of artists. In just a few short months, the venue boomed to become one of Boston’s newest venues for great rock shows. We welcome all fans of music, and want everyone to feel universally welcome regardless of age, race, sexuality, or ‘scene’. A quick list of some great bands who have stopped by since the summer of 2004 would include national acts such as Wolfmother, Of Montreal, Lightningbolt, Hot Chip, Magnolia Electric Co., as well as local favorites Night Rally, Hooray For Earth, Clickers, and The Bon Savants.
Artists are chosen to play events based on a wide range of factors ranging from anticipated draw and bar sales, to Great Scott supporting the local music community and giving unknown bands a shot. 3rd party promoters (and band members looking to set up a show) should only contact Great Scott when they have a FULL show solidified, or at least 1 act who can be billed as “headliner”. If you are looking to have a (your) band added to a show already booked, you should send an email, but keep in mind that often shows are booked far in advance. We would love to help every band, but there are only so many nights a week.
Booking agents representing national acts should be prepared to supply Great Scott with figures regarding a band(s) past draw, expected draw, technical requirements, and any other information / questions needed upon request.
Bands can feel free to send demos to:
1222 Commonwealth Avenue
Allston MA 02134
You can also send myspace/website links and online press kit to email@example.com. As large files are difficult to download, myspace links as well as direct mp3 links are perferred to attachments.
When sending demos in the mail, please be sure to include full contact info / bio and when possible, examples of past shows played, bands played with, press material and anything else that will help give us an idea of who you are. Professionally packaged demos are preferred but not required.
- Bar Manager- Tim Philbin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booking – Please see the Booking section of this website before contacting with show requests or offers. Carl Lavin – Booking agent – email@example.com
- Promotion- Miriam Lamey – promotions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web administrator- Ernesto Gianola email@example.com
- General site layout was done by Mathew Sisto for Lemmingtrail. firstname.lastname@example.org / www.lemmingtrail.com
Press Articles (Citysearch):
- One of Allston’s busiest bars caters to the collegiate masses with dancing and live music in a no-frills environment - by Contributor at Citysearch
- Best live music venue in Boston – by AnnA75 at Citysearch
- Full service rock bar – by zensho357 at Citysearch
- Great Bartenders – by jmdbarbuds at Citysearch
- DJ Who?- by avanzino at Citysearch